Really Simply Syndication (RSS 2.0) and under previous RSS versions was referred to as Rich Site Summary (RSS 0.91, RSS 1.0) and RDF Site Summary (RSS 0.9 and 1.0). Each RSS feed format uses XML (Extensible Markup Language) to achieve syndication across different platforms. RSS is a powerful and advantageous format for publishers of content to distribute or syndicate content online. Podcasts, Blogs and websites integrate this technology to offer content to the online community. Consumers of RSS feeds can subscribe to a feed to capture news and information from your Blog and from various sources online. With every update of new content, subscribers to your feed are updated with your fresh content by using a news aggregator to gather feeds from different Blogs, Podcasts or websites.
The Benefit of RSS Feeds
RSS feeds can benefit you tremendously within search engine results. RSS feeds deliver relevant content to search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo!. These search engines benefit in turn by delivering relevant content to their customers which then helps to increase the popularity of their search services and as a result increase their market share. Through RSS feeds, search engines will index your RSS feeds and help increase your company or organisation exposure and brand awareness. This exposure and brand awareness can result in increased traffic to your website, Blog or Podcast and can significantly increase your sales or other desired outcomes. This increase in traffic is exactly why RSS is now one of the most valuable tools for search engine optimization (SEO).
Effective Utilization of RSS Feeds
- General news syndication
- Product sales and special offers
- New product releases
- Company advertising or events
- Audio and video syndication (podcasting and video blogging)
Examples of the Effective Utilization of RSS Feeds
- RSS feeds via Blogs and Podcasts can be used to drive consumers to visit your website and this traffic can then be converted into sales then have the opportunity to convert traffic into sales.
- Newswire organisations utilize RSS to offer their content to subscribers directly without the need for people to find news stories online.
- Property companies are utilizing RSS to provide home seekers useful update information on new homes coming on the market, as this can make the difference in finding or missing out on their dream home.
Please submit a free no obligation quote request form for our professional Search Engine Optimization services or order our professional Search Engine Optimization services by clicking here. If you would like to discuss our professional Search Engine Optimization services further, please complete our brief contact form.